Sartorius Biohit Liquid Handling Oy is a leading provider of liquid handling products in global markets and we are part of the Sartorius Group. Guess what? We are expanding our R&D team in Helsinki with a tech lead/software engineer who has a passion for science, technology and innovation.
As a tech lead you will be a lead developer for advanced liquid handling automation projects and you will be creating software for new products. In this position you get to make the technical decisions that define our future products.
So, in nutshell you get to…
- coordinate multi-site software development and coaching junior developers
- ensure alignment of technical and commercial requirements between different stakeholders
- have a strong vision of the end-user solution and drive the development team towards common goals
To really ace the position, you should have:
- Proven experience in software development in an agile environment
- Experience of robotics and software development in complex integrated environments
- An active approach to problem solving and good interpersonal skills
- Team-player attitude with strong commitment towards agreed goals and deadlines
- Good communication and collaboration skills to support work in cross-functional teams
Additionally we value:
- Understanding of the ROS (Robotic Operating System)
- Laboratory/medical product and quality systems experience
- Experience of web or mobile software development
- IoT development experience
- Knowledge of system simulation
- Professional or hobby background in electronics, robotics or other systems
- Willingness to travel occasionally, as a global company Sartorius has sites in several countries
What Sartorius can offer as an employer:
At Sartorius, we empower scientists and engineers to simplify and accelerate progress in life science and bioprocessing, enabling the development of new and better therapies and more affordable medicine. Our world-leading laboratory products enable scientists to develop innovative medications to combat serious illnesses.
We offer a possibility to work in a highly agile R&D unit where software integrates to electronical and mechanical solutions. To support this we have world-class prototyping tools including high-end 3D printers and full machine shop
We are a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise, while thriving in a vibrant and innovative environment. As pioneers, we are a magnet and a dynamic platform for the leading experts in our field. We bring creative minds together for a common goal: technological breakthroughs that lead to better health for more people.
Over 9,000 employees give their best at Sartorius to take our products and services to market. Sartorius is present in 110 countries and employs people from 80 nations. We are motivated by excellence, work across international teams and take responsibility – while advancing knowledge, all with an agile and flexible approach. We use not only our minds but also put great heart into all we do.
To us our people’s professional growth is important. Therefore we offer great possibilities for career development. One good example of career development and professional growth is that we support international job rotation and offer individual career paths for experts and managers.
Stable working environment with good benefits
When working at Sartorius you get a stable working environment as a part of a highly sustainable company. Agile working in projects and an open culture are given at Sartorius.
The wellbeing of our employees is very important for us. Therefore we offer flexible work environment, extensive occupational healthcare services, opportunities for learning and development and supported lunch and wellbeing services.
Want to join us? Apply now by clicking the button below.
About the company
Sartorius’ ambition is to simplify progress in life science research and the biopharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. So that more people can obtain access to better medicine. Nearly 10,000 employees at more than 60 production and sales locations worldwide are committed to this vision.