About the company
Contrast is a passionate web agency that builds web apps, web stores and websites. We are a team of 7 digital professionals. We work with amazing companies, such as Makia, Ruokaboksi, Smarp and Relex Solutions. We don’t strive to become the biggest player in town, but we definitely want to be the best.
Contrast has a strong background in building customised web and ecommerce solutions using WordPress as the underlying CMS. We are now in a steadfast process of shifting towards headless and decoupled architectures and introducing new solutions such as Contentful.
Since Contrast was founded, it has been rooted in a drive to find a better way of doing things. To do better work. To always keep learning. To never half-ass anything. And to have fun while doing all this. We believe that pleasure in the job puts perfection into work, and we really, really love what we do.
Our 2019 showreel.
Must have (general)
- Ability and drive to push us to the forefront of our field (which is web)
- Attitude on point, we are a passionate team – emphasis on team – and want to grow. You are a team player and understand that in a small team everyone does their part and a bit of extra.
- Ability to understand business problems coupled with strong analytical skills and a consultant mindset.
- Great communication skills (ability to listen, to share insights and to explain complex solutions in an understandable way)
Must have (tech)
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience of developing modern web-based applications
- Minimum 4-5 years of professional experience of developing modern web-based applications (senior position)
- Experience with both backend and frontend – one may be stronger than the other
- Capability and desire to build stunning and detail-oriented frontend solutions using modern tools
- Strong experience in working with modern APIs (such as REST and GraphQL)
- A solid understanding of common database technologies
- Solid experience in building highly customised WordPress based solutions
Nice to have
- Experience in working with Contentful, Shopify and/or Magento
What we offer
- A key role with great growth opportunities short-term and long-term
- A nifty office in the heart of Helsinki
- The best possible tools and equipment (though if you are an Android fan, we might need to negotiate)
- Excellent work/life balance
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health-care with Pihlajalinna
- Great insurance (also for free-time)
- Annual trips with the team
- The freedom to be yourself – no dress-codes or micromanagement, results are what matters